Thursday, April 16, 2015

Story with a Photo -- Religion is Corrosive to Society.


In February, I met with Richard Dawkins in San Francisco where he gave a speech about how corrosive religion was to society. His speech was elegantly militant towards religion. Instead of touching on one religion at a time, he attacked religion as a whole. 

In the last blog post, I talked about how religion is the least multicultural belief. Dr. Dawkins brought up the separation of races in religion, especially in the holy places. I've noticed this too. For example, you have Korean Catholics, Black Catholics, White Catholics, and Asian Catholics. However, the churches are split in such a way. In Fremont, where I live, there are Korean Churches, Chinese Churches, American Churches, and Black Churches. If you go to a Korean church, all of the people there are Korean. And same for the other churches. Religion claims to bring people of all cultures together. I beg to differ.

I own 2 of Richard Dawkin's books: the God Delusion, and The Selfish Gene. The God Delusion targets religion's corrosiveness to science, and elaborates the corrosiveness of science to religion. The Selfish Gene is a more scientific, biological study on human behavior (namely, selfishness). 

I recommend both of these books to anyone looking for intellectual novels to read.

4 comments: